Free School Meals
Do you qualify? -
Click here to access CWAC information page and apply
Click here for Government page
If your child goes to school within the Cheshire West and Chester area, you may be able to claim free school meals. All key stage 1 pupils will automatically receive them. You need to apply with us if you are receiving one of the benefits listed below as your school can claim additional funding which can help towards equipment and resources.
You will qualify if you are receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Do you receive Working Tax credit?
If you or a partner receive Working Tax Credit, regardless of income you will not qualify for free school meals.